Update Important: Make sure you bring a WOD book, Compostion book, or piece of paper to record your numbers every class.
Food: What I posted on facebook last night after my super scrumptious Lamb burgers:
"Paleo is not hard. Nor is it impractical. Meat, Leaves, Berries...so simple...Add some grassfed butter/cream/cheese, and super dark chocolate and it's literally the best thing ever. I don't even know how I used to have room for grains and shit...Id rather fill my stomach with these beauties...Pic=2 grassfed lamb burgers with a red wine bone reduction sauce and a few slices grassfed cheese on top.."
News: Paleo Challenge DAY 8. Get ripped!!!!! It's the Paleo challenge...why are you still eating crap? Get strict people!
It is hard for me to know the individual knowledge of each of you...typically I have a general guideline with who eats strict and who doesn't and whatnot but I still stumble across someone who isn't too keen on Paleo or (EVEN WORSE) completely uneducated on it. This can not fly. Please utilize the resources we have spent time preparing for you such as the Lifestyle guide, and this website. Please ask us questions and learn as much as you can every day you are in the gym. Remember we are different. We are CrossFit. And we are teaching you as well as coaching you. We are not here to hold a stopwatch or count your reps. We are here to coach you to the most effective human movement possible to maximize your time in the gym and your fitness and life. BUT we cannot do it all. We can show you the road but you still have to stay behind the wheel and stay in the lane.
If you are cutting or trying to lean or frustrated in anyway I want you to think about a few things.
1. Gluten in any form can F you up. If you are eating bread, ceral, oatmeal, barley, rye WTF ever. STOP. And that means ZERO...not just some bread or one cheat meal here and there. Even your cheat meals should still contain no gluten. PERIOD.
2. Drinking alochol and/or beer is making you a woman and making you fat. I have nothing else to say about that. And if you are a woman...it is making you fat. PERIOD.
3. Stress will keep 10 pounds of fat on your body at all times no matter what you do with Exercise or Diet. PERIOD.
4. Crappy sleep can do same or worse than stress and/or drinking. PERIOD.
5. If you are leaning out you cannot afford cheat meals like others can. Until you are where you want to be you should not be cheating. <--Now Im considering a full blown eat-whatever-you-want type of cheating. I still suggest proper things such as dark chocolate or some whipped cream n whatnot. Just use very sparingly and avoid huge sugar binges and most especially GLUTEN!
6. Experiment with skipping breakfast. Wait 2-3 hours before. Make it a light breakfast. Don't snack. Make dinner your largest meal but DO NOT EAT FAST. Eat slow and do not overeat.
7. 2 larger meals a day or 3 smaller meals or 4 even smaller. This is the spectrum...Everyone will do best somewhere in there. Also adding as much IF as possible.
8. No snacking. Skip meals regularly. Don't eat if you are not hungry EVER.
9. Take 30 minute walks daily <---great for recovery and digestion
10. Take time to sit around and do nothing. <----This should be done once a week for ALL DAY and should be done daily for at least 1-3 hours every day. Being active all day and with no reprieve is a perfect way to stay stressed out and overweight.
News: If you haven't read the blog posts from Monday or Tuesday please scroll down and get caught up.
Elite members WOD:
Body Temp Warmup: 5 Minutes
250m Row -250m Run - 150 Jump Rope skips
Dynamic Range of Motion: 8 Minutes
Strength: 15 Minutes
Find 1 rep in the Bench Press. Rest adequate between efforts to guarantee you get the lift. Make sure you grab all your favorite people in the gym and instruct them to yell and scream at you on every attempt. That can be the difference between a new PR or a pathetically missed lift...
Skill: 0 Minutes
Do part 1 of WOD with PERFECT FORM
Conditioning: 25-30 Minutes
Part 1: Timer set for 10 minutes. Complete the following NOT FOR TIME. Take breaks on reps. Do not go to failure. PERFECT FORM. Timer set for 10 minutes.
3 rounds of:
5 Strict Pull-up
10x Hang Squat Snatch with PVC
2x Ring Support holds Max time *Top dip position on rings locked out *Rest between efforts
2x L-Sit hold Max Time *male rings, female tuck rings or parrallettes *Rest between efforts
2x Max Frog stand hold *Rest between efforts
Rest 5 Minutes - light mobility and dynamic to loosen up for Part 2
21-15-9 reps of:
Dumbbbell Burpee *Dumbbells finish overhead and back to ground for each rep
Stiff Leg Dumbbell Deadlift *slight bend of knees is acceptable
Dumbbell Floor Wiper *Left, down, right= 1 rep *Weight locked out
Cooldown: 2 minutes
Post time to comments
Save these to your computer for reference. Pick some goals. We are trying to achieve Elite Fitness!!!
CLICK FOR LARGER!!!